If you have been injured in an accident, you may be considering using a personal injury solicitor to help you get the compensation you deserve.
The amount of compensation that you receive, the time it takes and your overall customer experience will depend upon which solicitor you choose.
As a local firm of solicitors we are obviously biased but in this article, we will discuss the benefits of using a local personal injury solicitor over a large national firm.
A Personal Service
The most important aspect in a successful injury claim is the relationship between the client and their lawyer. This means that the solicitor will take the time to understand your individual case and your individual needs. They will also be able to answer any questions you have and keep you updated on the progress of your claim.
Face to face
- Local firms are able to meet you face to face. With most national firms your only contact with them is over the telephone or internet.
- One of the biggest benefits of meeting with a personal injury solicitor face to face is that it allows you to build a relationship with them. This is important because you will be working with them closely on your case, and you need to feel comfortable with them.
- A local solicitor will be able to meet with you in person and get to know you. They will also be able to provide you with personalised attention and support, which can be invaluable during a difficult time.
- When you meet with a solicitor face to face, you can ask them questions about your case and get a better understanding of the legal process. You can also get a sense of their personality and how they will handle your case.
- It is much more difficult to convey complicated legal points and empathise with a client’s difficulties when the only contact is over the telephone or internet.
Direct telephone contact
- When you are suffering the affects of an injury and / or involved in the process of litigation it is often useful, comforting and very important to be able to talk with your solicitor quickly and without restriction.
- National firms often use call centres, automated telephone menu systems or filter the calls through several layers of receptionists and assistants.
- Our local firm provides you with the direct dial telephone number and email address of your solicitor.
Your own specific solicitor
- National firms often work in teams. This means whenever you call them you will speak to a different person. Also as with all large companies they have staff turnover which means that there is no guarantee that the people you speak to will remain with the company for the duration of your claim. This makes it difficult to develop the important relationship between solicitor and client.
- At our local firm of solicitors as our fee earners are all partners in the firm they will be with you from the outset of your case until it is concluded.
Fully qualified solicitor
- In the team structure used by national firms often the person handling your case is not a qualified solicitor. They are usually overseen by a solicitor but may themselves not have any legal qualifications.
- In a local firm your case is likely to be dealt with by one individual whose qualifications you can check here
- One of the biggest advantages of using a local personal injury solicitor is that they will have local knowledge. This means that they will be familiar with the local courts, the local judges, and the local employers. This knowledge can be invaluable when it comes to negotiating a settlement for your claim.
- A local town centre office is important if you are injured or unable to travel.
If you are considering hiring a personal injury solicitor, it is good idea to meet with them face to face at the very least for the initial meeting. This will help you to make an informed decision about whether they are right for you.